The 8th Grade Awards Ceremony and dance will take place on Friday, May 26, 2017. The 8th Grade Awards Ceremony is by invitation only and begins promptly at 6:00 PM. Students will be honored by teacher selection for outstanding performance, continual growth, and mastery of standards. All Caloosa Middle School 8th graders who remain in good standing are invited to attend their last dance as middle school students, immediately following the awards ceremony from 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM in the Caloosa Middle School cafeteria. Please be sure to be at Caloosa Middle School no later than 8:45 PM to pick up your child.
Students are being honored for their hard work throughout middle school, therefore we ask that your child come dressed appropriately. All clothing must meet school dress code requirements; overly tight or revealing clothing is not appropriate. The theme for this year’s dance will be “Neon Glow.” Suggested Clothing: Skirts and dresses must be at least 4’ above the knee, spaghetti straps must be covered up, polo shirts, button downs, dress slacks/khakis, dress shoes or clean sneakers may be worn.
Students may bring their cameras to the dance; however, Caloosa Middle School does not take responsibility for lost, damaged, or stolen cameras, iPods, phones, etc. Students should keep all valuables at home. No money will be needed for this dance.
As we all are a reflection of our school and district, any student who is determined to be a behavior issue by the 8th grade team or administration will not be permitted to attend the dance, as this is a celebration for students who maintained good grades, academic focus, and high quality behavior. In order to attend the dance, 8th grade students:
- Cannot receive a referral as of the date of this letter (unless otherwise communicated by administration)
- Need to be passing all their classes
- Need to take all testing seriously
- Must return or pay for all media center books and/or textbooks, Chromebooks, chargers, and cases
- Pay all monies due to the school
- If a student is absent from school, leaves early or arrives late on the day of the dance, he or she will not be allowed to attend the dance (without a doctor’s excuse for the early dismissal or late arrival).
If you have any questions, please contact Amy McCarthy at 239-574-3232 or [email protected].
- (155.6 KBs)